Saturday, June 22, 2013

A neat baptism story.

So Carter will be getting baptized the beginning of July.  He's quite excited.  In honor of the occasion (but really mostly so I could make invitations)  we had a little photo shoot at the temple.  It's great to be 8.


I have a little interesting historical story to share that goes a long with it.  It may be lengthy and is probably only interesting to me so you have my permission to skip it entirely.
Carter is the latest in a long line of Thomas Bladens.  His actual first name is Thomas.  And the first born Bladen boy has been named Thomas for the last 7 generations.  Then there is a William and then another Thomas before that.  It looks really cool on his family history fan chart.  The first of the Bladens to be baptized into the church was Thomas Bladen who was baptized in July 165 years ago.  And now Carter gets to be baptized in July after all this time.  Isn't it a little bit neat?  He is a lucky boy to have such strong and wonderful ancestors.  That's all.










And don't you worry, his fancy-shmancy retainer is already doing wonders with those teeth.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I love these! Which temple is it? I'm super excited for the big day :)

The Adams Family said...

Great pictures Stephanie!! He is one cute kid!!!

Stacy B said...

So cute! What a great kid!

Stacy B said...

PS: This is Stacy. Maybe you can help me figure out how to change my name back! All I know is that I started a blog for the Clark Historic Farm under my account and now it's my name:)