Saturday, April 20, 2013

Savanna is 6.

So on Thursday my little, sweet Savanna turned 6.  Remember her like this?
5 days.
Mind, I think she looks like Delty a bit here.
one year.  
4 years.
She is now a big, grown-up girl.  With her own motorized transportation.  See this bad boy?
 She cruises around the neighborhood like an old pro.  It zips around pretty fast because she doesn't weigh much.

What I wouldn't give to make her a small little thing again.  She is growing up way too fast.  She reads like nobody's business.  She is such a great student.  Her teacher sends the problem children to her table because he knows she'll straighten them out.  My little Manna is still sweet as can be.  She is the peacemaker in our family.  she always follows rules and is the first (and only) one to clean up or help with chores.  I'm so grateful she was sent to my little family.  What a girl.

We had a party for her.  I copied my friend minDee and we had a polish party.  Incidentally MinDee had a little girl just a few days after I had Manna and I'm convinced they'd be best friends if we still lived by them.  Anyhoo, Savanna's favorite things lately are makeup, hair, and polish.  So that's what we did.  She had 8 little friends come over and we painted their fingers and toes {EACH INDIVIDUAL FINGER A DIFFERENT COLOR!!}.  Boy, if I didn't have helpers (thanks mom, mindy and Lorien) I would never have finished.  Ever.  We were late getting the girls home as it was.  We also made cute flipflops with ribbon tied around them.  Savanna did their makeup and I fixed their hair and put sparkles in.  It was so fun.  I love her little friends.  What cute girls.  Please excuse my lack of pictures.  It was a busy little party.

It was a great day for a special little girl.  We love you Savanna!


3 comments:

Gina said...

Happy Birthday Savanna! It was sweet to read what you wrote about her. She really is an angel ;)

The Adams Family said...

Beautiful little girl you have there!!! (And yes that picture does look like delta!) cute party idea!!! Layla would love that!! Happy belated birthday to savanna!!! Nice wheels!!!!

Mindy said...

It was such a fun party! I'm glad she has such cute, nice friends. Thanks for inviting us :)
That picture is totally Delt. She'll be that chubby in no time, and they'll be twinners.