Thursday, January 3, 2013

My word.

So after some thought, I came up with my word for 2013.


I chose this as my word because it is the thing I need to work on most right now.
1.  Take time.
I want to take time to do small things that pop into my head and I dismiss too easily,  writing thank you notes, taking pictures of seemingly insignificant things.  I want to take time to eat more healthy and exercise.
2.  Make time.
I need to make time for the things that matter most-things that will help me with my ultimate and eternal goals.
I want to make more time to just be with my kids.  I want to make more time for serious scripture studying and improving my relationship with my Heavenly Father.  This list goes on and on...
3.  Use time wisely.  I guess this is the main part.  I feel like I have a good amount of time right now. With Asher still taking 2 naps, I have a pretty good amount of free time.  What do I do with that time?  Sometimes I am a great manager of my time and I get a lot done.  Other times I waste my time doing things that aren't helping me become the person I want to be.  And sometimes it's nice to just relax and rejuvinate.  I get that.  But I need to find a good balance.  I feel like I rarely use my full potential-like I'm too lazy to try my hardest.  I can get by not giving my all so I just don't.  That is terrible.  Why be good when you can be great, right?  So as part of this I am going to really try my hardest on things.

I love this talk by Dallin H. Oaks.  FOCUS AND PRIORITIES
Here is just a quick thought.
Our priorities are most visible in how we use our time. Someone has said, “Three things never come back—the spent arrow, the spoken word, and the lost opportunity.” We cannot recycle or save the time allotted to us each day. With time, we have only one opportunity for choice, and then it is gone forever.

I feel like 2013 is going to be a great year!

1 comment:

Kylene said...

I love it. I think it is something everyone can work on. One thing Rod is always telling me is, "The time is going to pass no matter what. What we choose to fill it with will make all the difference in whether move forward or not." I repeat this to myself often. (I have a whole blog post on this very topic I need to post someday!) I love your word and wish you the best of luck as you find your balance. I'm sure you will. You are wonderful!