Thursday, September 27, 2012

Camping.

I can almost see a few of you scratching your head and thinking,  "Her?  Camping?"  Well, you'd be right.  I didn't go.  The kids did.  Mindy and Lucas are gunning for Aunt and Uncle of the year so they took them.  Carter has been obsessed with rocks lately.  Especially geodes.  So I looked up geode beds and it turns out that one of the best in the country is in Dugway, just a few hours away.  So I asked Mindy if she'd come along with me.  They were planning a camping trip and decided they could camp out in the west desert.  She is great and invited the kids because she knows they won't get any other camping exposure if she doesn't take them. They even got to wear their camping clothes.
 As I researched it a little more, it turns out the geode beds are actually about 3 hours away from their house.  Asher and I were sick so we backed out and left the kids to go and we hung out with grandma.  Needless to say, we all had a blast.  Here are a few of the pictures.  They brought back bags of cool rocks.  They even brought some intact and cracked them open so we could see.














Thanks Mindy and Lucas!  I owe ya!

2 comments:

Kylene said...

Looks like fun! Hallie went through a rock obsession a while back. There are some awesome obsidian up here in Menan where Rod grew up. Such cute, cute kids you have.

ps. So I'm hating this new blogger layout. How to I make my pictures bigger?? I'm doing everything I use to do and they are still small. Boo.

Mindy said...

I'm glad we got to take them, we had a blast! Jimmy asked when we're taking the grandkids camping again....