Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tooth fairy and some sewing projects.

The tooth fairy visited our house last night for the first time and boy, oh boy, was Carter excited.  He had been waiting and wiggling this little tooth for weeks it seems.  It came out at school while he was eating a piece of laffy taffy.  It's sure fun to see the excitement such a little thing can bring.

And, I'm still in the crafting mood.  If you have something you want to make, please call me!  It must be nesting.  Here are my latest projects.
Little boy ties.  Who says little boy stuff isn't very fun?  I'm thinking matching for Carter and baby brother.

Spring table runner.  Sort of just made this one up when I (with my crafty decorator friend Melissa) saw the cute fabric from Moda Fabrics.  I have nothing on my table.  I've really been searching for something I love forever but can't find it.  This is a small start.  Now I need a cute vase or something.  If you see anything, please call me!

And a trusty camera strap.  I'm looking for any reason to use my sewing machine these days.  Especially on Wednesdays.  Do you know that for 2 hours, ALL of my children are at school?  What a fun little treat for me.  At least for the next few weeks.
One last picture of little Hal REALLY enjoying her post-bath hot chocolate.  Yum.

8 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

thanks soooo much for the craft day, i had a blast, and I just finished my runner this afternoon. I LOVE it...I washed it 3 times before I finally decided to stop making it more raggy!!! LOL!!! Time to find another pinterest project. I think I am going to decopage something...interested?

Melissa Hernandez said...

P.s I love the picture of carters cute new smile. Love it!

The Webber's said...

Cute stuff! I need to catch your crafting bug! I guess I am not to that stage yet.... I need some motivation! Those ties are the CUTEST though! I REALLY want to learn. Can I schedule a quick lesson or will you give me some instructions? They are adorable! Not too many fun things to make with boys.... Oh, and Logan is incredibly jealous of Carter's missing tooth and has been asking for Laffy Taffy for the last 2 days. He thinks that will do the trick for him, too.

Kylene said...

One of my goals for 2012 is to use my sewing machine more! Super cute table runner. I wish I lived closer and could come craft with you and Melissa. :) YAY for the tooth fairy. Those toothless smiles sure are cute!

Jenny said...

So cute! Love the fabric :)

Kari said...

What a stud! Madi is dreaming of the day her first tooth comes out!

Laura & Eliza said...

If I could be as cute and organized as you I MIGHT consider getting married again and being a stay at home mom! HAHAHA!

Rachel said...

I've just been having so much fun going back and reading on your blog all the things I've missed in the last few months...I've been thinking of you tons wondering how you are. Love seeing your sweet family!

Katie came up behind me and asked who Carter was and was so surprised when I told her-he's that little guy that lives in her pictures, not that
grows up along with her! I love how busy you have been, such cute projects!