It is so easy to compare yourself to others. I do it more than once a day and it starts to get me down on myself. Then the negative thoughts start, ya know? This was a good reminder to remember that I am good enough and the Lord loves me for who I am.
I have to be extra careful because I have 3 little kids that listen to everything I say. When I am kidding (or complaining) to Mike how fat I am, Savanna hears me and starts saying her tummy is chubby. That breaks my heart. I don't want her thinking like that. I have been trying to compliment her for things other than being cute or picking out a cute outfit. It's hard! I found this little picture on Pinterest. Loving it btw.
"I’ve got two daughters who will have to make their way in this skinny-obsessed world, and it worries me, because I don’t want them to be empty-headed, self-obsessed, emaciated clones; I’d rather they were independent, interesting, idealistic, kind, opinionated, original, funny - a thousand things, before ‘thin’. And frankly, I’d rather they didn’t give a gust of stinking chihuahua flatulence whether the woman standing next to them has fleshier knees than they do. Let my girls be Hermiones, rather than Pansy Parkinsons. Let them never be Stupid Girls." – J.K. Rowling
I have so many other things that I could be spending time on. I shouldn't even let these thoughts in my head or my kid's. They are a waste of time and energy. And I know it will be even harder for my girls so I need to start NOW planting only POSITIVE thoughts in their little impressionable heads.
So that is my goal for this week. It is my weakness that I am working on turning into a strength. I WILL be more positive about myself and my sweet little family. I have a need to be liked and it really bugs me when I get left out of things or people don't like me. So this week I will be positive no matter what is going on around me. I will be nice to everybody and build them up because that is how I want to be treated. Sound good? Ok then. Off to clean the house.
Just for me to remember: We've had a missionary get home and one get his call in our family recently and it has prompted some missionary discussions.
Halle is going to Disneyland on her mission.
Savanna is going to Granstville (near Tooele and cousin Megan) or maybe South America.
Carter has been a bit more realistic and has decided just to start saving his money and see where the Lord needs him to go.
They are so fun.



2 comments:
I love this post...I have always wondered how as parents we can fight the trash that is out there, the thought that unless we do certain things or act certain ways or wear a certain size we aren't normal...or as an adult have a spotless house or the perfect car or clean kids for that matter...It's hard. The problem is we idolize people to, but don't realize all the issues and struggles and hardships that the person is going through. None of us are perfect and all need to strive to be the best we can be...we can't be anyone else and I hope that my kids understand I just want them to be the greatest nerdy Clark boy they can be....
Oh! I loved this too! I need to read it 100 more times when it comes out in print. :)
Post a Comment