Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A little swimming trip.

We headed to Downata this past week for some water fun.  We had a great time.  The kids loved the water and the chance to show off their newly acquired swimming skills.  When we were leaving Savanna asked if we could come back the next day.

 Carter would come flying out of this slide and then swim to the side by himself (after a few tries).
 The water comes from hot springs so it was pleasantly warm.
 One of the highlights for me was Savanna coming down this slide OVER AND OVER by herself.  She LOVED it!  The first time she did it I was halfway down the slide when she got in.  Almost immediately she started screaming WAHOO!  She yelled in delight the entire ride down--every time!  It was so fun.
This is the LAST time I ever buy a Dora swimming suit just because it was $3 thinking to myself she could only wear it at home.  She has 3 other ADORABLE swimming suits she will not ever wear.  Sheesh.

Thanks D, B, L, R, and A for all the fun!

7 comments:

Mindy said...

What the H is Downata?
I want to go next time, it looks very fun :)

bladenfamily said...

Mind, you don't remember Downata? It's in Downey, Id. I'm sure we came here for a family reunion at least once. You're invited next time we go. You could camp. They have campgrounds and cabins. It's great.

Stacy B said...

Cute! Megan gets stuck on clothes that are not my favorite too. Those are always the ones she wants to wear every day, everywhere we go! But the Dora suit is cute and it suits Hal:)

Gina said...

Looks like a blast! I'm so impressed with their swimming skills--they can probably swim better than me. Loved the need to smile post. Especially the punctuation one.

JaMilLyN said...

Those are some seriously cute kids and awesome pictures! Looks like SO much fun!

Melissa Hernandez said...

i love downata..i havent been there in forever, it's so fun! Fun pictures!

The Webber's said...

Thanks for such a fun day! It was great! So much better to have friends along. And thanks for the camera tips! I am loving it so much more now. I need a couple editing lessons someday.... And a few more tips before we go to the big D! I really want good pictures there! Can't wait for our next outing together.... What should we do next???