Thursday, May 26, 2011

my favorites this week.

I got this cook book recently and I LOVE IT!  If you haven't checked out their blog, do it today!  ourbestbites.com
They have delicious, nutritious, easy recipes that you will like.  I have made their recipes 3 times this week for dinner.  Here are a few to get you started. The pictures are pretty and the girls are very witty.  It is fun to read.  Check it out.

Asian BBQ Chicken

I made these for my piano recital last weekend and they were a hit!  So yummy.

Tres Leches CupcakesRecipe by Our Best Bites
8 oz. evaporated milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk 24 white cupcakes (try this or this recipe)
1 pint whipping cream, divided
3-4 Tbsp. Hershey’s Caramel Syrup
Sliced fresh fruit (like strawberries, mangoes, and kiwis, optional)
Juice of 1 lime (optional)
Bake cupcakes according to recipe directions in FOIL LINERS. This is extremely important because it helps contain the milk mixture.
After cupcakes have cooled, use a bamboo skewer to poke several holes in each cupcake. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and 3/4 c. of whipping cream. Use a ladle to pour the milk mixture over each cupcake. There might be some runover. Such is life with tres leches cupcakes. Place the cupcakes in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, beat the remaining 1 1/4 c. of whipping cream until medium peaks form. Gently fold in the caramel syrup and pipe or dollop the whipped cream on each of the cupcakes. If desired, toss the sliced fruit with the lime juice and top the cupcakes with the sliced fruit. Serve on a small plate with a dessert spoon.

And this.  I know most of us have very different taste in books.  But, if you like books that I like, please read this one.  It is a church book, romantic comedy, light summer read.  You can probably read it in about 2 hours.  I smiled a lot in this book though.  Maybe take it and read it at the beach.  The List by Melanie Jacobsen.  Let me know if you liked it.  
What are you favorite things this week?

2 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

i've wanted this book, because i love their website, i use it all the time! Ps thanks for sharing 100 ideas for summer, i love that idea...i will have to sneak over to your blog often this summer to grab ideas!!! Maybe we can cross a bunch off together this summer!!!

ali monson said...

Funny. I read that book a few weeks ago and loved it too. I usually feel immature when I tell people what kind of books I like, but now you and I can share titles. :)