Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Vacation-Part 2

Now I realize that not a lot of people like to watch tennis, but I REALLY do.  I know all the players and where they are from.  I have played tennis since I was a little girl.   So you can understand why this was such a treat for me.  We were down in Palm Springs for the Indian Wells tennis tournament.  The best players in the world were there.  It was amazing. I know that there are a lot of pictures, so I applaud you in advance if you make it through them all.  I have 650 more at my house if you want to see more.
The weather was perfect.  It was in the 80s the entire time with not a stitch of rain.  Beautiful.  And did I mention I want to live in Palm Springs?  TONS of places to eat-Cheesecake Factory, PFChangs, Outback, ...Huge mall, Sephora, and the kicker-2 Targets.  It was my kind of town.
Svetlana Kuznetsova.  We were seriously so close to them.  I still can't believe it.  It was so fun to watch them practice.  
Andy Murray
Sam Querry
Mike's brother Tyler was a ball boy.
Daniela Hantuchova-one of my favorite players
Caroline Wozniacki- top player on the girls side
Kim Clijsters- one of my other favorite players.  She is a mom.  Incredible.
Robin Soderling
Vana White was there filming a little spot for Wheel.  She is tiny!
Bryan brothers-#1 doubles team.  Their dad sat down right next to me.  We sat down on the front row of this court all day and watched all the best players.  The practice courts were our favorite because all the best players would practice and play sets and we were so close to them.  It was amazing.  
Maria Sharapova
Roger Federer.  There are no words.  
Novak Djokovic-  He was one of my favorites to watch.  He has such a fun personality.  He was joking with the crowd.  It was fun to watch.  I was sitting next to a lady named Christine who we got to know as we sat next to her all day.  He walked over by us to pick up a ball and she said, "Novak, you're so cute."  He looked over at us and gave us a shy little smile.  It was so cute.  I really like him.  
Rafa Nadal- #1 in the world.  He hit so hard.  
Here we are on the front row.  We didn't leave our spot all day.  
The main court.  Second biggest tennis court in the world.  It was so cool.
Davydenko.  Got his autograph.
Tsonga.  
 Thanks especially to Mike for planning the perfect trip and being a perfect traveling companion.  It was the  best way to celebrate the first wonderful 10 years!

10 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

very very cool!!

Kari said...

Wow! I loved all of those. What a special treat for you two. And I'm glad you got a shot of Ty - he looks very professional. Lots of good looking tennis players!! :)

Kourtney said...

I love that you took 700 pics! I'm glad you guys had a good time, and that you said 'wonderful first 10 years!' I might have said something different for me... j/k! Looks like tons of fun!

JaMilLyN said...

Wow, I am liking lots of things from this post. First, you are one lucky girl to be able to do that. I am jealous. I too watch tennis. My husband is a HUGE fan and has been playing since he was kid so he got me watching it. Second, those are some seriously cool pictures! You should be selling those to magazines and making a giant profit, my friend. Third, congrats on the almost ten years of marriage. Fourth, you're neat.

Mindy said...

Oh Rog. Be still my heart.

Brooke Snow said...

Ben is jealous. He says he wants to see all 650 of your pictures :) He's a huge fan too! Looks like so much fun! So glad you got to go and had such great seats! Awesome! Awesome!

Tami said...

So cool, I'm a little (ahem, a lot) jealous-looked like fun! I'm loving playing tennis out here, It's like "the thing" to do here in Cary, NC-they have to split almost all of the women's leagues into 2 flights because there are so many teams! But watching the pros would be something!!! I haven't done that since I got to go to Wimbeldon in like 1998! (and we had nowhere as good of seats, or as nice of weather, as you!!!) FUN FUN!!

Alec and Emily said...

Jealous! This is one of my favorite tournaments. I love how close you get to sit by the players. That is awesome that Ty was a ball boy! Glad you guys had fun!!

Scott said...

Why so few pictures of Maria Sharapova....it seems to be the logical question unasked...?

Kassey said...

We went a couple of years ago and I loved it!! I wan to go back again! Looks like you guys had fun! Our 10 year is this may! Didn't realize we got married the same time!