I clearly am giving the wrong impression with my little blog here. I can do a lot of things pretty good, but I'm not great at anything. I sewed the headband, but my sewing machine is from 1980. I bought it at a garage sale for $15 and learned enough to sew straight lines. I am ONLY putting my best stuff on here. You'd die if you saw what I wore everyday, or how homeless my children look most of the time. I knew you wouldn't believe me, so here are the pictures. Typical lunchtime. Eating hotdogs and nothing else because pears make Carter want to puke. I don't even think I would have put one of these pictures up normally. You can't see Savanna's pants but they are a clashing color of green. I don't fight anymore because she loves her green heart and thinks that all shades of green match. Please note their hair and messy faces. Hal has ketchup on her shirt. They look like this a lot. Sometimes I am just too tired to care. Right now I am wearing dirty sweat pants and a baggy non-matching shirt. And let's skip down to the last picture. It is a container full of cookie dough.
We made one pan of actual cookies and have just been eating the dough for the last five days. I know this might make you want to gag (Laura), but until it makes me sick, I'm doin' it! I wish I could say that even though the kids are dirty they are happy because we read and play creative games all day. Not even close. Sometimes they drive me nuts and I hide in my closet. True story. But I'm hoping that if I try my very hardest, the Lord will somehow make up for my inadequacies and they will turn out ok. So please, PLEASE, don't ever feel guilty or not good enough because of me and this silly little blog. I'm only putting the best stuff on here. Even typing this is hard because I don't want you to think badly of me. But here it is.
The real thing. No make-up. Little girl clip pulling back my messy hair. 2 hours of sleep. See? Don't you feel a little bit better already??

22 comments:
Ha! You're ridiculous. Your kids are insanely adorable even with messy hair and non-matching green outfits. I'm impressed that you don't stick them in front of movies all day every day. Also, they're drinking WATER. My kids will drink soda or kool-aid, nothing else.
A- you look beautiful without makeup with messy hair and sweats. You are a naturally beautiful woman... we've had this conversation.
B- you are great at many things but amazing at the piano. I'm the person who claims 'good at a few things, great at none' and I believe your talents exempt you from holding that same title.
C- every mom has days when their kids eat hot fogs and get babysat by the TV all day, I just think you have fewer than average. You are an impressive person, honestly.
Hot dogs, not fogs :)
If there is any of that cookie dough left, Id like some of it!
Love Ya!!
that was pretty funny! i have felt like a terrible mom lately, it seems easier to stay in jammies all day, hair under a hat, sandwiches for dinner....i too want to hide in a closet!
ps, i have cookie dough in my fridge we have been pulling off in pieces too! LOL!
That's awesome, We all have the days we hide in our closet...
ok...so I feel kind of like a bad mom because my kids will never taste cookie dough (at least in my house). I know I am crazy about raw eggs, but there it is and you know what, we are all crazy about something.:) And I love that you think of me as you eat your death:)
Also, my kids stay in their pajamas as long as we don't have to go anywhere or they don't ask...I really don't want to do more laundry, so I applaud your girls being dressed...
PS You are awesome!
you seriously crack me up! aren't we all this way? if anyone wasn't then they would not be normal. i hide in my pantry and eat a truffle from see's candies. that's my escape. (the key lime ones are divine!)
LOL! Stephanie! You are now my most favorite person in the world. Not because your kids have messy hair or hang out in their jammies, but because you made me laugh so stinkin' hard as I read this post. I'm so glad you're my neighbor! LOL!! p.s. I'm going to find a sewing machine on KSL this wk so I can figure out how to make that shirt!!
Well, I guess I'm still reading your blog and I still think you are pretty perfect. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, I was just wishing I had one little ounce of your talent and zest for life. Thanks for being such a good friend and good example.
Hahaha hiding in a closet....been there very recently. CrAzY 2 1/2 year old that wont stop saying "i just need you momma". Gotta LOVE it!! You CrAcK me up ;)
all I can say is...amen! My kids are still in pj's and it's time to put them in new ones...8:09 p.m. I went watch the kids at the playground in my ugly sweats...and someone complimented me on them! LOL! I call it the "Secret Mom's Club!" Hey we can't all be supermom right? You're as close as they come though Steph :)
P.S. I just got my lens today! I am dying to try it out! Call ya soon!
You are awesome! Loved the post! Your kiddos are so stinkin' cute, messy or not!
You are funny Steph! I agree with Mindy, they are at least drinking water! Makes me feel less guilty about slicing up a nuked hot dog with a dab of ketchup!
Love this post. Thanks for being so honest. I've been known to hide in the closet (and the garage) from my kids too. And my kids rarely get dressed in matching, non-PJ clothes. :)
Cute post, Steph--and please keep sharing all your "great things" too so we can all try to be creative once in a while. Do you ever lock yourself inside your room while someone cries and kicks the opposite side of the door? Those are good days. PS thanks for getting two hours of sleep because you're at work taking care of my little ones! :)
Oh Steph, you are super mom even with no makeup and crazy hair. And blogs are suppossed to be up beat and happy, it says so in the Ensign ;)! My favorite creative thing you make are your snowflake tortillas, those are awesome, I need to make some.
Okay, Savanah's poses in those pictures? A-dor-a-ble! And I totally love your face in that last picture (still gorgeous, by the way).
There are so many times when I don't blog because I have nothing I want to share with the world, all I want to do is hide in my pantry eating chocolate. So there. We all only share the best :)
Thanks for the reminder... I was beginning to think you were perfect! kristin told me about the headband you made for her and I, too, was impressed. What a great subject for a post! Oh the life of a busy mom! YOu do an amazing job and your kids are still pretty cute with their crazy hair and ketcup shirts. This is a good reminder because I used to look at this one girls' blog and everything was always just SOO perfect and it made me sick. Nobody's life is perfect....thx!!
BTW... cookie dough is delicious! We could eat it ALL day at our house!
I know I don't know you very well, but I wish I did. thanks for posting this. I love you! You are more amazing than you think.
Post a Comment