Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December

Meet the worlds most annoying Christmas dog.  Unfortunately, it is the favorite thing as soon as it comes out of the Christmas bin.  It sings, dances, and barks.  Wow.  I bought this in a moment of severe weakness.
And apparently I didn't provide a sufficient explanation of Advent calendars for Savanna.  She's already gobbled 8 of them.  
Among other things, I have been loving Nutella lately.  Have you tried it?  You should.   It is delicious on toast or with fruit.  Hazelnuts are pretty darn good, if you ask me!

And courtesy of my really cool brother, Brett, a few non-traditional christmas songs to listen to and enjoy. 

The Holly and the Ivy- George Winston
O come, o come Emmanuel- Sufjan Stevens
2000 Miles- Coldplay
Christmas Lights-Coldplay
I heard the bells- Casting Crows--this one is incredible
Joseph, better you than me- the Killers

I am also loving "Do you hear what I hear" this year.  What is your favorite Christmas song?

3 comments:

MinDee said...

i love the advent calendar gobbler! that's too funny. i would totally have the same problem. so far this year, i'm totally loving silent night by josh groban.

Kylene said...

I have one of those annoying Santa toys that sings and dances too! Weakness I tell ya! Weakness! Each time the girls push the button to make it play in my mind I am saying, "Why? Oh Why, oh why?"

Thanks for sharing the Christmas tunes. My two fav's this season so far are Celine Dion's Christmas album and George Winston's "December" album. Love them both.

The McCulloughs said...

What a darling idea for a post, I just may copy you (can I?) Ok so we have been crazy busy and when I am not driving my kids around, I pretty much just stay in my house so I don't have to lug my three kids around in the cold! BUT, I really want to see your new house (the pics really made me excited) and catch up! I will text you maybe next week sometime and we can come over. I was so sorry to hear about your miscarriage and I really hope you are hanging in there. Let's catch up next week sometime! ps..your house looks awesome and I can't wait to see it!!