Thursday, December 16, 2010

Blah.

Hi.  Me again.  In case you can't make it through all this nonsensical rambling, know that there is a delicious cookie recipe at the end that you shouldn't miss.  Ok.  I know I just posted stuff on my blog, but I have more stuff in my head today and I like reading your comments that make me feel like I'm not CRAZY.  Maybe it's because not a lot of people are blogging as much anymore and I'm sad about it so I'm trying to blog enough for everybody.  I wish this was a little fad that would continue.  I really like reading what's going on with everybody.  It's such an easy way to keep in touch.
That wasn't what was on my mind though.  I've been feeling a little out of sorts lately.  It is weird.  It comes and goes.  I have a bunch of things that I wish I could change about myself or that I wish were different, but then I wouldn't be who I am.  But do I want to be myself lately if I feel like this??  See, I can't even make sense of it.  But then again, sometimes I feel totally fine and normal.  It seems lots of things make me cry lately, but I've decided that's ok too.  I was talking to my Dr.  I just love her.  She told me that she's glad I can cry about my loss, or anything for that matter.  It shows that it really meant something to me.  That's totally true, and it made me feel lots better.
So this morning I was at my grandma's house and I read The Remarkable Soul of a Woman by Dieter F. Uchtdorf.  It was good.  I read it in 5 minutes.  It is really just a talk, not an entire book.  I would just borrow it if you want to read it.  Anyway, a few things stuck out.  He told a story of President Hinkley counseling a woman who had just lost her husband.  He told her, "Work will cure your grief.  Serve others."  Not much, but very profound.  And then this.  "In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of greater importance." ~ Dieter F. Uchtdorf
This made me smile and cry.  I guess this is my conclusion.  Thank you so much to all of you that are answers to my prayers.  And I want to be the answer more often.  I am going to be ok.  I know that.  In all honesty, I'm doing better than I expected.  This song helps too.

And just so this isn't totally depressing, here is a cute picture of my funny little munchkin.  She is always a mess.  I fix her hair 14 times a day and it still looks like this.  And she only has one shoe on.  Whatever.


And, a delicious holiday cookie recipe.  These are delish.  Don't cook them too long.  They are much better soft.

Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies
recipe image  INGREDIENTS:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/3 cup light molasses
1 (11 ounce) package Butterscotch Flavored Morsels

DIRECTIONS:
1.PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
2.COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in small bowl.
3.BEAT butter, sugar, egg and molasses in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
4.BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

9 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

Seriously once my kids are all feeling better, we are going to get together and have another one of our "It's no fun being perfect" chats!! Really, no fun!!! I really like that quote about you being answers to peoples prayers, we easily loose our ouselves-in ourselves sometimes don't we.....next week we will be all better, let us get through the weekend and then we will be good to go, are you leaving town to go to your parents house next week?

Brooke Snow said...

Cookie recipe looks fantastic :)

I'm glad you found that talk. I look forward to reading it.

I get "out of sorts" too :) Glad I'm not the only one.

are we still going to play duets sometime? that would be lovely.

Alldredge Memories said...

Love the pictures! It's time for a phone lesson on making black and white look good. Call me one of these mornings when you have some time. :)

P.S. It's the "Type A" thing shining through again...no fun! LOL! A little birdie told me a diet coke and a chocolate bar works wonders...give it a whirl ;)

Love ya!

Melissa said...

There is no time line for grieving--it's ok to feel sad--a big bawl might be just what you need :)

You are what you think you are--think positive!!

Kourtney said...

I have been feeling the same way lately. In fact, today I have been totally blah and did nothing. Well I made teacher gifts but only cuz tomorrow is the last day before Christmas break. And they call it winter break which bugs me. Anyway, you are awesome and I miss you so much! Keep being you!

Kari said...

No, you are definitely not crazy. Like he said, the remarkable soul of a woman. We are very complex. :) I liked your message and I LOVE that song by the tabernacle choir. It makes me so happy to hear it. I'll see you soon!

Weight Family said...

I just miss you and want to live closer to you!

Weight Family said...

You inspired me to blog and I did it! PS- I want your carpet!

Anonymous said...

Wow it was so fun to see you guys the other day!! I am thankful for all your blog posts that make me feel normal also. You are a great girl and an awesome mom!! You are a strong person and I know you can do anything!! Miss living by you!! Maybe someday we will end up back in Cache Valley. Your house is gorgeous by the way!! So jealous!!