Monday, July 5, 2010

Theme for July= Positive Thinking

We had a lot of time to talk on our LONG drive to St. Louis.  Melissa and I had some great talks on the power of positive thinking and how our thoughts have energy.  It really got me thinking.
Mike likes The Secret dvd and book that was on Oprah a while ago as well. Learn more at THE SECRET.  I think there is a lot to learn here as well.
Melissa pointed out a scripture that I remembered from Seminary.
 Mosiah 4:30 30 But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not awatch yourselves, and your bthoughts, and your cwords, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and dcontinue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not.
The more I think about this, I believe that having positive thoughts can really benefit us while negative thoughts can do some serious harm.  I think maybe that's what he means when he says watch your thoughts.  
So, this is July's theme.  Try to be as positive as you can.  Send out positive thoughts-especially to your kids- and see what happens.  It should be a fun experiment.  

6 comments:

MinDee said...

your trip looked so fun! i LOVE your july theme. i am going to do this!!!

Jenny said...

LOVE IT!!!!

Melissa said...

Good girl :)

Hailey said...

I'm with you, I will definitely focus on this with you for Jluy. I have actually struggled A LOT with the opposite. Negative thinking is so easy to get stuck in and much harder to get out of. Thank Satan for that I think. There is GREAT power behind positive thinking and that scripture is one I always play through my mind. You are awesome thanks for the inspiration. Can't wait to see you at the reunion!

Melissa Hernandez said...

Amen. I have had a real bad attitude lately, and it's truely exhausting! I need to chipper up and gt myself in a more positive thinking mode!!!! I could use more energy!

Janea said...

I love this statement. Thanks for sharing.