Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Hal

Last night Halle woke up around 3:30 a.m.  She started calling for me so I went in her room and she told me she needed a 'dwink a watew'.  We got to the kitchen where she told me she needed toast.  So we got her some bread and she told me 'rockabye Howee'.  We rocked and cuddled while she took 23 minutes to eat her piece of bread.  She's no dummy.  She milked it for every last minute.  And while it took me 1 1/2 hours to get back to sleep, I was so happy to get up with my little Hal.  I will miss these little times I have with just her, and I know there won't be very many more.  I am so happy to be her mama.  She is so full of spunk.   So Hal, whenever you want to get up and rock, I am your girl.  I love you so much, sweet baby!  

8 comments:

Mindy said...

What a sweetheart.
Mom will be jealous that she didn't get to rock her ... hopefully my kids will be more snugly than yours.

Jenny said...

Oh so cute...Kash lately has been trying that when i go to put him to bed or a nap. He will tell me "rock b b". I LoVe it :)

Mindy said...

Steph-
This post actually made me choke up. I very much know the feeling you are talking about. Being a mother is really alright. :)

Janea said...

Oh...how cute is this post. Makes us all cherish the small moments we have left with our "little" babies (who just grow up too fast)

Kylene said...

So sweet.

Melissa said...

What a doll!

Melissa Hernandez said...

Precious moments!!

Mandie said...

She is so beautiful..like her Mommy! This post made me realize that I need to embrace the little things.. they are the ones that mean the most. Hope you guys are doing good!!