Thursday, July 22, 2010

Middle of July Happenings



Hyde Park Parade--Mike and Carter driving the Zamboni and throwing treats.  I bet you can't guess who thought he was the coolest kid on the planet.  The girls watching and catching treats.

The new activity of choice at our house--playing princess.
And my favorite summer snacks from the garden.  Peas and raspberries.  Delish!

To remember:
Carter:  Mom, when I stick out my tummy I have claws like Wolverine.  (His ribs...hehehe)

As we are taking my pump over to a friend who recently had a baby.
C: Mom, are we taking this over so the baby's mom can get it some formula?
S: Actually, it is so the baby can have the mom's milk.
C:  Oh, like from a carton?
S:  No, mom's can make milk for their babies.
C:  I see.  In their tummy.
S:  Well, right here in their chest.
C:  (laughing) Dad's can't do that!!
S:  Nope.
C:  Good thing. (pause) That is pretty neat.

I guess that isn't that funny.  I just got a kick out of watching him think through it.

3 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

looks like fun! i am so jealous of your oregon trip, i have never been in oregon, but every time i see pictures it looks amazing and makes me want to take a trip there!

Janea said...

I always LOVE your pictures!

Alldredge Memories said...

I am jealous of your garden! It looks soooo yummy! I am jealous of the princesses too! Only superman and star wars heroes here...lol! I am STILL reading your books...the second one is sooo sad!