Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Alaska.


Isn't this picture of Alaska pretty?  I think so too.  Did you know the high in Alaska tomorrow is 64?  That is the same as the high here.  IN THE MIDDLE OF JUNE.  Now, I don't mean to complain.  Maybe it's just that I'm not used to living here.  But I am FREEZING.  We were supposed to have a pool party tomorrow.  Does that sound like fun?  We have hit 80 twice.  I wear a jacket and jeans everyday.  Ok.  Thanks for letting me complain.  I feel better.
Among other goings on, we haven't done anything because it's cold outside!  Ok, really I'm done now.  There are a few things I want to remember about the kids and I know I'll forget it if I don't write it down.   (pg friends, did you ever have Bro. Siebert in Seminary? "If you think it, ink it!")  So here we go.  All my kids have a blanket they carry around faithfully.  Carter has a dog Sherman that is always with his blanket.  These kids have been buddies lately.  I like that they play together.  They love to play in water. Sometimes when I call their names, they look at me and say 'cheese'.  I've been taking a few pictures.
We moved Savanna into into Halle's room and turned her room into a playroom.  They love it.  It brought back so many memories of sharing a room with my sister.  We used to have a game where we would make fists and smack each other.  Maybe it was because we went to bed early and needed to kill some time.  I remember watching my clock turn 8:00.  Even when we were older and didn't have to share a room we sometimes would.  I remember when we were in high school we shared a room and turned the spare into a reading room/lounge.  I hope these girls have as much fun as I did.  Carter has been a little jealous.  He says he needs some company so can I please have a brother for him.  We're working on it buddy.  Today we made cookies.  They all love cookies and against my better judgment I let them have a bite of dough.  Savanna loves to cook.  She helps me make everything.  She is especially fond of cracking eggs.  She is blessed with beautiful hair and bawls every time I touch it.  Isn't that ironic?  That's all for now.  Have a great day.
Blue Steel---Savanna style.

p.s.  I am in need of some new music.  It seems I only listen to church music or disney music.  I'm building a little playlist that I just turn on and listen to throughout the day and I need some suggestions.  Let me know your favorite new stuff or even a classic.  I'm not very picky.

5 comments:

Kari said...

Savanna is in a long-sleeve black shirt - it must be cold! It is way windy here tonight - don't feel bad, I'm tired of it too!

Melissa Hernandez said...

we need to play call me, we are going stir crazy, i was able to take a walk for a minute the other day when the sun popped out. but, i feel like we watch tv ALL day because of the rain. we are almost settled, enough that I need to leave the house and play!!!

Alldredge Memories said...

You are working on another brother huh? Crazy girl! LOL! I'm ready for you to move back here too. I need a buddy to sit at the park with. I'll start looking for a job...LOL! I suggest "I saw an old lady who swallowed a fly..." That's what we've been listening to in the car lately...ugh! :P

Melissa said...

Hello---hair nation :) I picked up my wicked soundtrack last night--should have all songs memorized by next week so I can sing along--

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.