Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring, where are you?




Spring keeps teasing us. We have been able to play outside a few time and it has been WONDERFUL. Then we have a day like today that is cold and windy and rainy. So, we are forced to be creative and think of things to do so the kids don't watch tv all day. It is hard. I have so many things to keep me entertained...reading, blog reading, crafting...I could go on and on. My children seem to have difficulty finding things to keep them entertained. So today we came up with play dough. Edible playdough because Hal seems to eat everything.
We found a few good recipes.

PB Play Dough:
1 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. honey
2 c. powdered sugar
Good and very smooth. I like the Skippy Natural Peanut Butter.

Oatmeal PB Play dough:
2 c. peanut butter
2 c. oats
2 c. dried milk
2/3 c. honey
*This is what we made because it sounded like the healthiest choice. Next time I would make sure I ground up the oatmeal in the food processor first. It wasn't terribly smooth.

Cake Mix Play Dough:
1 white cake mix
1 stick soft but not melted marg.
3 tbsp water
food coloring?

Frosting Play Dough:
1 can frosting-any flavor
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. creamy peanut butter


p.s. Sorry for all the black and white. I didn't love the colors in my kitchen today what with the dreary light outside and all.

10 comments:

Scott said...

Have you not read The Cat in the Hat to your kids for a while?

Kari said...

I had no idea there were so many different kinds of edible playdough. We'll have to pull your blog up on our next rainy day. Madi's Spring Break is over Conference/Easter Weekend and we'll be in Salt Lake. She also starts soccer the first of April. Let's work on the camera workshop weekend before we get ahead of ourselves. :)

JaMilLyN said...

Wow, you are one of those Wonder Mothers, aren't you? ..one of those that I will never be but envy. :) And I LOVE all of your pictures and would love to know your secrets on how they turn out so professional-looking. Please e-mail me. Please.

Kylene said...

I will have to try some of those edible play-dough recipes! Thanks for sharing. Very cute pic's.

MinDee said...

I know about the weather! I wish it would make up it's mind! You are so good, I usually just let them watch movies or send them downstairs to play. Your pics are so cute, you are a good photographer.

Johanna Markworth said...

I haven't made peanut butter dough forever! Sounds so good! Cute pics!

Mindy said...

Love the black and white. We miss you guys.

Mindy said...

PS - awesome scout hat Carter!!

Melissa Hernandez said...

yum i need to try some of those, i am more worried that i am going to eat it!

Bec said...

You're a fun mom. And I absolutely agree- we need less snow on the ground and more sunshine!