Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break Weekend





We had a fun weekend away. We decided to be brave and stay in a hotel. None of the kids had ever stayed in a hotel before. I found a really cool one with a small water park inside so we decided to give it a shot. The kids had a blast. Staying at our hotel turned into our activity. Then we met Jay and Haylee for dinner at Tucanos. Mike had a free meal because it's his birth month. Who can pass up delicious Brazilian food for free?
Then we headed to grandma's for a day. We visited Aunt Mindy at work and she took us to see the fire station. We got a private tour from the brave firefighters. They just got a brand new, HUGE, fire truck. The kids got to sit in the drivers seat and turn on the lights and climb all over it. They finally convinced Carter to be a fireman when he grew up by showing him their video game suite.


Memorable moments: Carter called our hotel a hole-in-tel like 'show-and-tell'.
Savanna was eating some fruit salad and told me she 'found a pair of these'. She was trying to say she found a PEAR. It was cute.
One of the highlights for the kids was riding the escalators. I guess we need to get out more. All-in-all, it was a tremendous success. Hope your spring break is fabulous!
p.s. The hotel is the Holiday Inn and Suites in West Valley. It is right by the E-Center. We totally recommend it. Beds were comfy, breakfast was great, and tons of stuff for the kids!

9 comments:

Mindy said...

False. Carter has for sure stayed in a hotel before. How dare you forget the trip to Mexico with the aunts for Ben and Sarah's wedding??? That kid was absolute hell.
I'm glad you liked the fire guys ....

bladenfamily said...

Um, no. False again. That was Angie's wedding. You are right though. He did have one terrible night in a hotel prior to this. How could I forget?

Kylene said...

Yes, hotels and kids just mix for some reason. I'm glad you guys had such a great time. Super cute pic's. I always love to see what you've done with them.

Thanks again for driving and coming to that PS class. I had a great time.

Alldredge Memories said...

What hotel did you find that had a water park in it? I want to go! :D

Kari said...

I remember when Savanna wore that swimsuit Hal has on! They're getting too big!!

Melissa Hernandez said...

that looks like so much fun. What hotel has a water park in it? I am moving this Saturday so my in-laws will probably go crazy with us there all the time so we need to go to the park and play now that it's getting warm. Anyways, I was going to tell you my home phone will be disconnected once we move so call me on my cell. PS I started a new class at the rec center, zumba...you so need to come try it out, my brother in law has me hooked!

Weight Family said...

Yeah, that hotel pretty much rocks. Glad I got to see you and you teach me so much. You are one amazing gal!

Jenny said...

SO CUTE!! They are getting so BIG :)

Janea said...

Man, I live right here! Maybe we should do a stay-cation and just go stay there! Wait, that would mean I would have to put on a suit. Hmmm....I'll think about it! Such cute pictures of the kids! We need to meet up!