I've been thinking a lot about WILLPOWER lately. Probably because I don't have as much of it as I would like. As you know, I have been trying to be happy regardless of what happens. Sometimes, it has been hard. I am still loving my my motto: Do it! I think it has a lot to do with willpower. You just have to do it.
I have a friend who used to eat the entire hamburger leaving only the last bite. Do you know how hard that is? Try next time you have anything, really. Leave the last bite. Willpower. My sister used to tell me to take a cold shower to increase my willpower. I can't do it unless I have really been exercising and I am really hot. Still, it is lukewarm. I can't do it.
Victor Hugo said, " People do not lack strength; they lack will." I love this. Especially since I have been trying to read Les Mis again. I thought I was really cool and bought the unabridged version. Yeah right. So at the DI the other day I got the shorter one and it is much easier.

Mike took the 2 older kids fishing at Bear Lake last night so it has just been me and my little Hal. So we were cleaning the house this morning. She is a great help. Ha. I decided to listen to a cd. I chose an inspiration church cd that just happened to be about WILLPOWER. Pg friends: It was Brother Castillo. Did you ever have him in Seminary? He was great. I recommend listening to his CD. His main point is that we can get help with our vices through the Savior's virtue. He talked about a lot of things. Eating (too much or too little), finances, scripture study, temple attendance, attitude, media influences. It could be anything you wish you had more control over in your life. Willpower is so interesting. We can do it and our Savior wants to help us. Here are 4 things that can help us.
1.Fasting and Prayer
2.Scriptures
3.Serve others
4.Be patient
This is the point when I realized that I had been trying to do it on my own and it is HARD. Our Savior is there to help us. He wants to help us. We just need to BELIEVE HIM. Of course I believe IN Him, but do I BELIEVE HIM? I think it is different. So there. That is what I think. Have a great day.
9 comments:
This is wonderful. I love Brother Castillo, I saw him at Costco a few months ago ...
I dare you to take a cold shower. And rude, I want to go fishing at Bear Lake, sounds like fun!
Just what I needed to hear today! Thanks for sharing!
Seriously. You were inspired to write that for me today. Thank you! I'm going to try to do better, but not alone! You're such an amazing person and mother. Really, you are the best! (don't you dare roll your eyes, & say whatever)
Love it. I'll have to borrow the talk from you sometime. The Victor Hugo quote is one of my favorites!
I love your posts! And I had NO IDEA Bro. Castillo had a CD, I need a copy where can I find it? AH, I so had the biggest teacher crush on him.
I'm using that for new beginnings--the believing part--
Seriously? Leaving the last bite? Couldn't do it! :P No will power here---LOL!
Thanks for this post! I really needed this. Every now and again, I find myself trying to do things on my own. And you're right, IT IS HARD! I just need to remember to turn to Him. Thanks again! Hope you guys are doing well!
Speaking of will power I don't think I have any either. Thanks for the pep talk though. It has inspired me to get my but in gear. I wish I could go running with you guys. But the times just never work out. We still need to get the kids together!1
Post a Comment