Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My MOTTO for 2010

It is a new year, so like a lot of people I have been thinking about changes I want to make. I haven't made resolutions that I've written out because I don't want to fail. So I think that if I just think about them in my head they aren't as concrete so when I don't accomplish anything it isn't a big deal. I don't like that. So I've decided to combine a few ideas and come up with a theme or motto for myself. I really like how the church has a theme for the year for the Primary, YM, YW, etc. And I have a friend who has a word for the year. I really like this idea as well. The final idea I am going to borrow from is Studio5. I don't know if any of you people in Utah watch this show, but I really like it. They have a monthly theme. So here is my little plan.

For my motto: DO IT! (Thank you President Kimball)
Under the motto I think I will have a monthly theme, something I can apply DO IT to. (similar to Primary)

For January I have decided on BEING HAPPY. I want to focus on being happy with what I have and what I am.

It seems that I find myself thinking that I could just...(insert whatever here) that I would be happy. We had a wonderful time living in St. Louis. We had so many opportunities we wouldn't have had if we hadn't moved there. But when we had Carter we wanted to be closer to our families. I thought for sure that if I could just live in Utah then everything would be perfect. Then we lived in St. George. Loved it there as well. EXCEPT, there was no snow. I really wanted to live by the snow. Now we live in Logan and I really miss the mild temperatures from St. George. WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE ME HAPPY?? Poor Mike. I am missing out on so much by waiting to be happy later. So this month's focus is on being happy now. I get to choose and my choice is Happiness. So go ahead and DO IT!

I asked Savanna to show me her happy face and this is what I got. If that doesn't make me happy, what will?

8 comments:

Kari said...

Love your idea - now come and be happy in Vernal next week! :)

Kylene said...

Love it. I think we ALL get caught up in the, "If only this...or only that" mentality. It's so important to enjoy where we're at and appreciate all that is GOOD around us.

Super cute pic!

Emily T. said...

I love your idea as well. Maybe I'll just check back often for your monthly themes and follow them:)! It's such a great idea. And I love Carter's "make her a moose" comment. Such a boy!

Becky Knowles said...

What a great idea. The "be happy now" concept and "do it" are two things I struggle with daily. Thanks for the inspiration to try a little harder.

Melissa said...

That picture is motivating me to be happy! :) so cute!

Melissa Hernandez said...

It's so hard sometimes as a mommy to just do it and to be happy all the time. It's an exhausting job! I love it, I have to remind myself all the time to live in the now and not have any regrets! Speaking of regrets, I haven't been able to go swimming because of my surgery in Nov. has taken forever to heal up, I am starting on Monday though!

Weight Family said...

LOVED this post. It made me...HAPPY! Care if I copy your motto idea?

Kaycee said...

It's so nice to know I'm not the only "when this happen then I will be happy" girl! You inspire me, though! Good look with your goal and I hope you find your happiness! :)