1. Rest. Are you getting enough sleep? Your body needs 7-9 hours. That is hard when there is so much to get done! Exodus 23:12 says "...thou shalt rest". Amy, can you put this on some vinyl for me? Bah! So, take a nap or go to bed early and don't feel guilty about it!
(baby Savanna)2. Relax. Deep relaxation is the key, not just sitting down in front of the tv. A study in the Journal of Behavioral Medicine found that students that used relaxation techniques during their tests had higher levels of helper cells which are used to fight infection and disease. Wouldn't it be nice not to get sick?
3. Play. This one is my favorite. Do something you like to do. There are three kinds of play pointed out in the article. Body play: enjoyable physical action. I went running this morning. It could be anything though. I know everybody doesn't like to run. Tool play: creative expression that uses the brain and hands. I made THESE CUTE SNOWFLAKES yesterday. They were quick and easy and made me happy. Group play: friends enjoying quality escapism. Thank heaven for girl's nights! Anybody want to see New Moon again?



So, in conclusion, I am sorry this sounds like a paper I wrote for school. I guess the article was something I needed to hear. It is ok to be busy doing good things, just don't forget to take time for yourself! Have a wonderful and restful holiday season!
To learn how to make the snowflakes, click on the words THESE CUTE SNOWFLAKES, or check out THIS VIDEO to have them walk you through it. They were seriously easy!
10 comments:
I think that is something everyone forgets and needs reminders of, so thank you! Also those snow flakes are so cute, how did you make them? I am trying to make a cute back drop for Santa so people can take pictures at the ward Christmas party and these would be perfect! Can you email me? UGH why do you have to be so far away:(
Totally agree. I need to know how you made those snowflakes. Please tell.
just got out of the tub--I have no problem sleeping :)
I would be happy to put that on some vinyl for you. I have no problem sitting in the tub---the sleeping part I struggle with. I'll have to try harder. Cute snowflakes!
Cute snowflakes! Thanks for the reminder to slow down and enjoy the season.
Cute snowflakes! Thanks for the reminder to slow down and enjoy the season.
Thank You! My neighbor was just telling me about those because we just found out we have to decorate for our ward christmas party.
Good post, I have been slacking on creativing, I need you! I love the new background and looks like you guys are enjoying the holiday season. Erik might stop by on his way to Canada, he hasn't decided yet, so just a heads up, maybe around the 20th. Merry Christmas!!
Um...the snowflake idea did NOT help me slow down...because they turn out so cute! And then I brought up the idea to my friend who is in charge of our ward Christmas party...and I think I have roped myself into a craft day to make them :) My 7 year old even made one for his room out of construction paper :) Such cute ideas...
LLOOOOVVVEE the snowflakes, totally adorable, as for the sleep thing, I have 2 sick kids we're not getting much sleep around here, I need to play catch up with that sometime!!!!
Post a Comment