Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Luckiest


Thank you to everybody for all the birthday wishes. It was really the best. But I have to thank Michael the most. Here follows the account of the luckiest girl's birthday.
A little background info: I LOVE my birthday. I usually get a birth-week instead of a birthday. This year was no different. Mike knows how I feel about my birthday and this is what he did for me this year.
Tuesday afternoon I was lounging on the couch reading a book during nap time when I got a phone call. It was Mike. He told me to pack a bag for us and to be quick about it. He told me to pack warm things and a swimming suit. About an hour later we were on our way to a secret destination that everybody knew about but me. PARK CITY!! It is one of my most favorite places. Mike had brought me a bag of my favorite snacks for the drive as well as putting some of my favorite shows and movies on his laptop so we could watch them on our way. He seriously planned out every little detail. We dropped off our bags at a wonderful little resort and headed out for some shopping before dinner. He knows me so well. We then ate a delicious dinner at
It was really, really good. After dinner we headed out to sit in the jacuzzi for a little while. You'll never guess who was there. The Russian Bobsled team. (told you you wouldn't guess) Coincidentally, I have been learning Russian for the past month or so. Mike wouldn't let me talk to them though. It was probably for the best as all I could remember at the time was "This is not a bank", and "very good" which I heard them say and understood.:) The next day we got up and had a quick breakfast so we would have enough energy to shop all day! We started at the Outlets. And in keeping with the trend of meeting near celebrities, we ran into Elizabeth Smart with her mom and sister at J. Crew. I am not joking. Anyway, Mike showed some serious fortitude and shopped with me for hours after which we headed to Target for more shopping. We headed back to his parent's house to pick up the children and again to my surprise, everyone had gathered for a birthday dinner of my favorite foods. We had soup in bread bowls, egg nog, and a beautiful, DELICIOUS, pumpkin cake. Recipe can be found HERE. I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you to everybody that helped watch the kids (Brit, and LuAnne especially!) It was an unforgettable birthday.

11 comments:

Alldredge Memories said...

Happy Birthday To You!!! I have something I am sending with Melissa when she comes---as well as you books---finally! Sounds like you had a super-d-duper time. I am so glad. You look great!

Hugs!

aMy

Stacy B said...

Hey Steph! Glad you had a fun birthday. Wish we could have been there for the party! That cake looks delicious!

Kari said...

Way fun! You deserve it! Happy Birthday!

MinDee said...

That is so sweet! Wow! He won best hubby award for the month! way to go mike! how fun!!! i'm so jealous of your get away. but you totally deserved it. I'm the same way about b-day's i'm glad i'm not alone in that, it's a major event! the older i get the less people understand. p.s. your hair looks so cute!

Mindy said...

Very cute. I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday!! Love you

Kim said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Mike sure did a great job. Sounds like a ton of fun!:)

Janea said...

Wow! Now that is impressive! Can you clone him? lol One can only hope for things like that in one's future. Such a cute little family you have. Happy Birthday.

Melissa Hernandez said...

Happy Belated Birthday, it sounds like pure heaven, I am glad you had such a fun (week)!!!! LOL! Hopefully next week I am back on my feet and we can play again!

Natalee and Randy said...

Wow. Maybe my husband could get some pointers from Mike??? :) That sounds awesome! I'm glad you had a fabulous day!!!!

Rachel said...

Sounds fabulous!! Happy birthday ;)

Weight Family said...

That is awesome! I am going to have Jay read this!