Monday, November 9, 2009

I am thankful too.


I have loved reading blogs this month. So many people are posting about things they are thankful for and I decided to follow suit. Yesterday at ward choir practice, I became acutely aware of how grateful I am to be able to play the piano. I don't know where it came from. It could be that I bought some new fingernail polish and I like to watch my fingers play when they are painted...who knows. I haven't' been able to play much lately. It seems whenever I go sit at the piano, so do my children. I think it is because playing the piano is directly tied to my self esteem. It is one of the ways I identify myself. I LOVE to play the piano. It is a way for me to express my emotions or get out frustrations or express other feelings. I especially love to play this time of year. I love the way Christmas music makes me feel. I am grateful to my mom for making me practice and paying for lessons. I am grateful to my wonderful piano teacher. I am glad for the opportunities I have had to play for choirs and in recitals. So, among MANY other things, I want to express my gratitude for my fingers and playing the piano!
Listen to this for some good piano. Watch it if you can stand to. They are quite extreme. I wish they would just sit still...
Listen to Flight of the Bumblebees if you make it through this.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

I know exactly how you feel, especially about the dark polish. I painted mine dark after seeing yours this weekend.
I can't wait for Sleigh Ride.

Jenny said...

The boys are starting suzuki violin lessons at their new school. That is one of the reasons i switched them to the new charter school. So far they both love it :)

Mindy said...

ps I can't stand the Browns.

Weight Family said...

Steph,
I went and saw the 5 Browns at the Tuachan this weekend. You are the best piano player I know!

Kylene said...

Maybe if I paint my fingernails it will help in my efforts to play the piano... :)

For some reason I couldn't see the video so I'll have to check back and see if it will work for me later. I'm thankful for people like you who have the lovely talent of piano playing!

Alldredge Memories said...

I thankful you can play the piano too. Remember you promised to play at my funeral someday...You have to live longer than me :P

Melissa said...

I wonder how much their parents spent on lessons! What is with all the head flipping and painful facial expressions? :)