Tuesday, May 26, 2009

for lack of a clever title...

We've been busy but have no proof because I forgot my camera for our little trip. We went up north for Mindy's wedding. She married Lucas and we LOVE him. He is so much fun and he's perfect for her. Couldn't be happier. Maybe I'll find a picture and put it up later.

We got to visit lots of grandmas. Carter got a fishing rod (that's what he calls it) for his birthday from Grandma N. and he practiced casting all day and had to sleep with it. We stopped in Delta on the way home so we got to ride the tractors and see the trains. Delta is a little boy's dream.

(Carter took this picture and asked me to put it on the blog. He was so proud!)

In other news, Halle is 7 months old. She is such a happy baby. She has 2 teeth and loves to eat big girl food. She can pick up puffs and loves to feed herself. She has even tried crackers and bread. She likes to drink out of sippy cups and real cups. She is very long but not too chubby. People always comment on her long hair. It is such a pretty brown color and it matches her brown eyes. She loves to sit up and roll around and has started inching forward to reach toys that are out of her reach.

Also, I want to remember a few funny things from Carter.
He has been finding sheets of paper he carries around that he calls his 'paperwork'. He carries them around in his 'field journal'. He tells me they are for his job. I find that funny because he tells me he wants to be a Garbage Man and I don't imagine they do a lot of paperwork.
He also told me he wanted 'alittledabildo' for his picture. I had no idea what this was. He explained they used it at school to glue things together. I figured it out. His teacher would tell him 'a little dab will do'.


And so I don't leave Savanna out, I thought she looked cute the other day.

6 comments:

Weight Family said...

Yeah for Mindy! I had no idea she was getting married! Awesome! Also, I love the things Carter says. So dang funny!

Melissa Hernandez said...

Sounds like u have been busy! I can't wait to see you guys, June is approaching really fast!

Mindy said...

We're glad you guys could come up .... Lucas LOVES you too, maybe we'll come visit before you make the big move.

Love you!

PS Thanks Kira! Congrats on your new little guy!

Kari said...

I love how Carter can always make me laugh. And I love that picture of Savanna - how did you do that cool effect?

Rachel said...

So fun! You all have been so busy. Halle looks so grown up. Can you believe our babies are 7 months old already? And Savanna! Adorable pictures. Mr. Carter always has something hilarious to share with us. With Katie it's "not a lot, just a dot" for glue :)

Melissa said...

I've got my list started of things you need to show me before you leave--I've got lots of time--can we do it at your house--:)