Well, I had a suspicion that my little Savanna had a bladder infection because of a fever and a few other symptoms, so we loaded everybody up and headed off to the Doctor. Since she can't pee in a cup yet, they had to stick a bag in her diaper to catch the urine to test it. She hates it. Cried the entire time. So we headed home with instruction to bring her sample back. We forgot about the stroller until we were home. No biggie, right? We have to go back anyway. When we get home, Sicky has diarrhea and fills the bag with poop. She has a fit while I'm changing her because she doesn't like the little bag stuck to her and flings poop everywhere including all over my pants. Wonderful! With no spare bag, I had to load everybody back up and go back to the Doctors office (did I mention it is at the hospital on the 3rd floor? and there are so many old people always at the hospital I have to park 3 blocks away??). So we get back right before their lunch break and get another bag put on plus a spare this time. Head back home. Remember the stroller this time. Good Grief! Nap time. Wake up and check the bag. 3 drops, but her diaper is soaked. What?! Luckily they gave me 2 bags this time. Attach second bag. It also catches 3 drops. So I load up everybody once more and head to the doctors. They try to do the test on the few drops so I don't have to come back. I think they took one look at me and decided to make it work. So she had stuff in her urine, but not enough to decide if she would need an antibiotic. So they send me home and tell me to call back tomorrow because they need to send it to the lab. I have one more miserable night of fevers and then tomorrow they tell me if she needs any medicine. By the way,if she does,she will need an ultrasound and dye study on her kidneys to make sure she doesn't have a kidney infection. Fabulous!
Then later while at the store, I had this fabulous conversation with the checker.
Checker: So, when are you due?
Me: November
Checker: Wow, that's like 3 months away. WOW, Where is it going to go? What are you going to do?
Me: Yeah, been wondering that myself. Thanks for boosting my self image. (didn't actually say the last part)
What do you mean what am I going to do? What exactly are my options at this point? Melt in the August heat, waddle around uncomfortably, and just stick it out. People, where has all the tact gone. It is like people throw it out the window when they come in contact with pregnant ladies. Heard this little gem the other day.
Tactless random lady: Wow, you must feel like you're going to pop! Are you sure it isn't twins?
So, after folding 3 loads of laundry, I am having a bubble bath and watching the Olympics until I fall asleep. Tomorrow will be a better day!
p.s. She seems to feel miraculously better when she's holding my phone. What a girl. So sorry if you get any phone call from me but I'm not there to talk to you!
6 comments:
Awww Poor baby!! Why didnt they just put a catheter in? When Kayleigh had the problem after the first failed bag they just put the catheter in.. Im sorry about that.. Yeah its hard dragging the kids to Dr marsdens office.. When Kayleigh was sick last month we went to the office like 3 times in a day and Jonathan decided to hit the ALARM in the elevator.. i about Died.. Hope things go better for you tomorrow. Im sorry that people have no tact... I dont have the "pregancy" comments, i have the WOW YOU POP THEM OUT FAST! Well, thats none of their business! Anyways, hang in there :) Oh we are moving to Idaho....
The best part about terrible horrible days, is when you finally climb into bed and throw the covers over your head!! Atleast that's my favorite part of my terrible days. Tomorrow, I hope, goes much much better!
Whoa, you did have a rough day. I hope she is feeling better. The joys of motherhood, right? I guess I have a lot to look forward to. I hope you are have a better day today, too. Tomorrow is the first day of school so I am sure I will be exhausted by the time I get home. There is nothing like 20six year olds hanging on you all day. They're cute kids. I will try to update my blog this weekend. I hope I can come up with something to post! Talk to ya soon.
I know this was a miserable day for you but you sure made it entertaining for all of us. I hope your little one is feeling better now.
Next time someone asks you when you're due, just look at them with a blank look and say, "I'm not pregnant." That'll teach 'em!
Oh, Steph! Sorry for the bad day... we all have them but your writing skills are awesome and make it an entertainingly bad day. Thanks for that! Next time I have a bad day i will call you to help me type it up to read to Jay when he gets home so he feels SO bad for me! I hope your days get better... and with the prego comments just remember I carried a 10 1/2 lb. baby... just imagine those comments, and I think you look really cute pregnant... no lie. Love ya!
One of these days you are going to look back and laugh, laugh at it ALL HAHAHA!!!! It might not be for a long time but you will laugh, because there are many more of these days to come, and they just keep getting funnier and funnier each time!! So hang in there girlfriend!!! and just remember there are sooooo many people that just LOVE YA!!!
Leslie
Post a Comment