Saturday, June 28, 2008

Magical Golf and a few small victories...

So we've had a good summer so far. We took the children miniature golfing. Carter loved it. When we were nearly done he gave me a big hug and thanked me so much for taking him magical golfing. And to him it really was magical even though it was sweltering and the course was lame at best. I've been learning a lot from my kids and one of the biggest lessons is that anything can be 'magical' if you have the right attitude!
Next, for my victories. A few months ago I read Seventeenth Summer. Besides making me wish I grew up in the 40s, I developed a strong desire to grow a garden. My grandpa always had a huge garden and I loved it so I thought I would give it a try. It is harder than I thought, but we are surviving the heat. Here are my first ever zucchini and squash. I also have 4 small tomatoes and the pumpkins should be ready for halloween if I don't kill them.
And lastly, I successfully painted Savanna's toes. This is harder than I expected it to be due to the fact that she thought she should help as they were her toes. But, it was worth all the effort. She looks so cute in her flip-flops!

4 comments:

Weight Family said...

yeay! Good job on the garden, we are trying one too... we'll see how it goes. Savannah's toes are so cute! I love doing that!

Melissa said...

I am attempting the garden thing for the first time this year too. I am a litte nervous because I am doing the pot garden, not marijuana, but all the veggies are put into pots. It looks really cute but we'll see what the final product looks like.

Kylene said...

There is just something about planting and growing that makes me feel like a true mormon! ;) Way to go on the veggies.

I tried painting Samantha's fingernails but she just wanted to eat the polish. It wasn't a fun experience for either one of us. Maybe I'll have to try the toes next time...

Shanna said...

I am a little... or a lot jealous of your squash. I can't even grow tomatoes! Congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family. If she is half as good as Savannah she will be an angel. I just wanted to say that I went miniature golfing with all my beehives and I WON!!! Take that little 12yr old girls. Just kidding.
So here is your chance at finding my blog (if you hadn't already).