
I have two super powers. I don't get brain freezes and I read super fast. I think this is one of the reasons I like reading so much. So...I am dedicating this post to one of my favorite things. Books. I love them. One of the best things ever is reading a book in a bubble bath. So I was tagged a book tag by my friend Laura.
Instructions:
Grab the book you're reading. Go to page 123. Find the 5th sentence and post the next 3 sentences. So here you are.
From E. M. Forster's 'A Room with a View':
"Don't be rude, dear," said his mother placidly. "Lucy, don't screech. It's a new bad habit you're getting into."
"But has Cecil-"
"Friends of Cecil's," he repeated, "'and so really dee-sire-rebel. Ahem! Honeychurch, I have just telegraphed to them.'"
You're intrigued, right? I guess you'll have to read the book.
Also, Laura has introduced me to shelfari. It is a place where you can list all your favorite books and books you want to read. You can rate them and list your favorites. You can also see your friends favorite books if you need a good book to read. You can also write reviews. It has been fun.
So, lastly, I will share a few of my recent reads. I am reading A Room with a View by E.M. Forster right now. I like it. I have also recently read Maus 1 and 2 by Art Spiegelman. My sister got Mike these books for Christmas. There are really interesting books, especially if you are into history. He tells his father's story of being a Jew in Poland during WW2. It is unique because it is written in cartoon form with the Jews being mice and the Nazi's being cats. They are books that will keep you thinking long after you finish them! I like just about anything by Shannon Hale. But I just read Austenland (good if you like Jane Austen) and Princess Academy. I love princess books. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Twilight series. They were good. Didn't love New Moon. Eclipse was my favorite. So, please share with me your favorite book. I'm always looking for something good to read. Shoot, you can even do the tag if you want to.
2 comments:
What a fun post! I love to read too, although I wish I had (or made) more time for it. I am reading Twilight right now and am a little over half way through...it's interesting. I like it but it's a little too teeny bopper for me. I mean, honestly, how good looking can Edward REALLY be! I am hooked though, I have to find out what happens. I am also reading Rebekah by Orson Scott Card and I actually quite like it. It has made me pull out the Old Testament again to find out how much of it is fact and fiction. Another on my current reading list is Ardeth Kapps biography. She is an amazing woman and it has been really neat to read about her accomplishments throughout her life. For every fun, fiction book I read I try and read a church/history book as well. Keeps me balanced. :)
ps. I am need of some new running shorts. Do you have any suggestions?
Wow, I wish I could read really,really fast. I use to always read while in the bath, but with little ones all I get in are a few {WET}photography/scrapbooking mags.What a neat thing for your kids to see you doing often! Hey, also steal away on that article! I think everyone should read it! Stac;)
Post a Comment