Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Deceptively Delicious


I'm sure you've all heard about this by now, but I've got to talk about it. It is my new favorite cookbook. It is fabulous! All of the recipes I have tried so far have been delish! In case you don't know much about this, Jessica Seinfeld has hidden veggies in each recipe so her kids will eat healthy. I'm the only one in my family who loves vegetables so I thought this might work for us. Also, since I'm making purees for Savanna anyway, I just make a little extra and throw them in the freezer. Carter has eaten everything I've made and he likes it! You can't even taste the healthy stuff. We've turned it into a game. Mike tries to guess what I've hidden in the food. The recipes are all things I would eat and can make with stuff I already have. For some strange reason, I feel a small sense of accomplishment when they eat something that's good for them. I feel like I'm being a good mom. So if you haven't already, check this out. It is great.

5 comments:

Stac* said...

What a great cookbook! I haven't ever seen this book, so thanks for the info. I think we will start playing that game around our house too. ;) Stac

Melissa said...

Great minds think alike. I asked for this book for my birthday, so I just got it a couple of weeks ago. Tell me which recipes are your favorite so I can try them. Cuz I haven't tried any yet. P.s. if you get time when you come up in a few weeks, call me and we can go to lunch (or you can join me for water aerobics) :)

Slades said...

hey steph,
i saw jessica seinfeld on oprah and have been curious about that book, it's good to hear it's something you like. I just watched the documentary, "supersize me" about how unhealthy americans eat and I am officially grossed out. I wanna get that book! Bryn

Stac* said...

Those adorable aprons are made by a girl I went to High School with. Her name is Kristen & she is soooo cute. I think she will make kid ones too, check her out! Stac

Kylene said...

Sounds like an awesome book. I'll have to check it out. Post a recipe for us all to try. :)

I love your new header. Your kids are beautiful!