
So this morning when Mike left for work I almost started to cry. He looked really worried about me but I didn't know what to tell him. I've since figured out what I wanted to say but couldn't.
I know that you're going to work and you work hard, but you get to go wherever you want without worrying about kids or nap schedules or feeding the kids. If you want to stop at a store, you just get out of the car and walk into the store. You don't worry about children wandering off or falling out of the cart. You just get to enjoy the shopping experience. You don't even like shopping, I DO!
You have the freedom to do whatever you want. Did you know that I haven’t even had a hair cut since the baby was born? Sometimes I want to grow my hair out, but sometimes I wish I had a cute hairstyle that required 'doing'.
You get to be alone while I am never alone. I always am followed! Every time I go to the bathroom or take a shower. The other day I hid in my closet so I could have 2 minutes just for me.
I really love being a mom. I know I am doing what I want to do, but sometimes it is very hard. I want to go to a good resturaunt, one without a playland, and not worry about somebody throwing a tantrum. I know that I'm doing the most important job in the world, but sometimes I just wish for....I don't know what. I wouldn't change anything. I have adorable kids who make me smile every day. If I were given a vacation for a week, I would only enjoy the first day. Then I'd miss my kids. I know that. That's what makes me crazy!
7 comments:
I actually started to cry when I read this..I can so relate. Husbands just don't understand..not because they don't want to, they just can't. If I had brushed my teeth, I would run over to give you a big hug.
You said it! I totally agree, I think we need a scrapbooking day that includes Cafe Rio or wherever you want!
Oh, Steph... just know that there are lots of us out there who totally know how you feel. It isn't easy, but it is SO worth it.
Just blog surfing from Janea's blog when I saw this post. Hello... Speak my mind!! Can I please just post your words on my blog as though I said them. It was creepy how much I could relate. Being a new SAHM I have many days that I want to say that to my hubby. I know I should be grateful to be home with my son but it's hard work. Anyway just wanted to say DITTO!! I am so with you!
Can I just tell you all thank you!! I am feeling very validated right now. And, Mike read this yesterday and sent me on a shopping trip all by myself. It was a dream! I got a cute new dress. Thanks again!
A little late commenting, but loved it just the same. I had two break-downs last week from those same feelings. Sometimes I forget to GO to the bathroom! The only time I get a babysitter is when I HAVE to do something. Somethings dumb, like go to the store... I don't remember what shopping is like. :) Boo Hoo me...
Wow.. you just took the words right out of my mouth! Having 2 kids is a lot harder than I expected, and I think it is partially because I am pretty uptight about most things. We should do a girls night with Kourtney and go do dinner.. I would love to chat alone with the two of you.. without our rowdy kids! Amen sista!
Post a Comment