Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas 2013

Just a few snippets from our wonderful day.
I think I was the most excited.  I was up a 5 waiting for them to wake up.   At 6:45 Savanna came in to our room in tears.  She had to go to the bathroom so bad and had been holding it all night so Santa wouldn't catch her out of her bed.  Typical Savanna-- never one to break a rule or get in trouble.  We woke up the rest of the kids.  Asher was confused.  He went with it though.
 Hal was half convinced she was on the naughty list and thought she only got a stocking full of stuff.  She emptied it and was so excited.  When we pointed out her other gifts she was almost in tears.  She was so happy.  Her favorite gift has been a karaoke machine with microphones.  She loves to sing.  
The kids had received videos from Santa from the portable north pole website and Carter and Hal were told they weren't quite on the nice list yet but they had time to work on it.  Carter made the comment that of course Savanna would be on the nice list, which she was.  :)
 This little guy got blocks, a train,  and a church shirt which he didn't really care for.  He went around eating everybody's treats from their stocking.  It was a huge mess.  Maybe Santa will remember for next year and he'll only get smarties.  Or, probably by next year he won't be such a mess.
 Savanna's favorite gift this year was her own notebook with a  penguin on it.  A regular old notebook and her own pens.  She's easy to please.
 I was sort of anti-toy this year because we have way more than we need and never even play with the ones we have.  We ended up with a few and I'm ok with that.  Mostly,  it was art projects, and coloring, bracelets, etc.  Carter got heelys, some other shoes he had been wanting, AXE body spray (this was on his list--made me smile)and a spy watch.  Then the kids go a razor go kart.  Not super exciting in the middle of winter but as soon as spring comes I think they will like it.
It was such a good day.  I think we are smack dab in the middle of the most fun Christmases with these great kids.  I want to soak in every minute of it.  They are growing way too quickly and I fear I'm not enjoying it as much as I will wish I had.  

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I love these pictures! Sorry I'm behind on my blog-reading ... this almost made me cry.