This is a long documentation of our recent trip to Disneyland. I recently printed off another edition of our blog book and it reminded me that I need to be journaling more. So this is full of stuff you most likely don't care about. Also, I know it's not always fun to read about other people on vacation. It always makes me wish I were there. So consider yourself warned.
Carter was just smiley most of the time. We had a little incident where he got soaked on Splash Mountain, but other than that they were so well behaved.
I did the girl's hair like this every day to keep it out of their faces and so many people commented on it. I just wanted to remember.
Meeting Minnie. Please notice Hal's face in NEARLY EVERY picture.
Toon town. I bought the Minnie shirts at Target for $7 and gave them to the girls one morning. They were thrilled and I saved $40. :)
We were there a few weeks before Hal's birthday so we celebrated it a little while were there. Everybody told her happy birthday. All the princesses, workers, random strangers. I think she felt like a celebrity. Even Mary Poppins told her happy birthday during the parade. She was beaming!
Sleeping Beauty.
Ariel.
Hal picked out her own hat. They were so cute. I want to remember every last second of this. They were so much fun. What a fun age. Savanna really believed every ride. On Star Tours, she leaned over and asked me if we really were in space. She thought we left Disneyland and went to space. On the Nemo ride she thought we were in the Ocean. She asked if they were the real princess. She asked if we were in a real Airplane. It was the greatest.
The Genie.
Jedi Training. Savanna was convinced it was the real "DARK VADER".
They learned a little fighting sequence and they got to fight Darth Vader or Darth Maul. Savanna was the first one to fight Darth Vader. It was so cute.
Carter really loved the lego store. They made some really cute stuff.
A little excited during the parade.
The parade.
California Adventure was so fun. The new Cars Land was AMAZING. You really felt like you were right in the movie. It was so cute.
We had lunch with the princesses at Ariel's Grotto. The girls were in HEAVEN!
So we heard that the new Cars ride was a MUST DO! So we got to the park right as it opened and ran to get fast passes. The line was probably an hour and a half JUST FOR FAST PASSES! And then the ride wasn't open until 2pm. Apparently it breaks a lot. So we got in line. After waiting for nearly 2 hours, the ride broke again and they couldn't give us an estimate of when it would be back up and running. We were frustrated. So we went back at the end of the night. If you're in line before the park closes they let you ride it. The wait was still 1 1/2 hours. And even after explaining our story to the lady, she wouldn't help us or let us get in the fast pass line which was only 25 minutes. So, Mike exercised his talents and went to talk with Guest Services. He really has a way with words. He ended up getting us each a FREE park hopper pass for the next day and special tickets to get us to the very front of the line for the Radiator Spring ride. It was amazing. So the next day we came back for bonus day and went to the ride. We had a few extra tickets so we grabbed a cute little family from the back of the 4 hour line and took them to the front with us. It was fun. They couldn't believe it. And the ride was AMAZING--SO WORTH IT!
Really, they did such a good job with this. You really feel like you're there. The details are unreal.
So here are just a few pictures from our trip. I have 400 more if you'd like a more comprehensive view.
So I remember:
The kids were so brave. They rode ALL THE RIDES. They loved Splash Mountain, Star Tours, Space Mountain, the Matterhorn, Soarin, Screamin, The Tower of Terror...seriously all of the rides. It was so fun. We walked a TON and they did so well. It was so much fun with them. I hope they remember this little family trip.
The Jedi training was so cute.
We loved the Aladdin show, the Crush show, and The Bugs Life show.
I had to bring my pump because we left Asher home. We left it in the locker one night and i didn't get it back until noon the next day. I thought I was going to die. Don't want to forget that.


















8 comments:
Sooooo fun!! Great memories to document so u don't forget the special little moments with ur cute family! Love all the cute Picts!!
Hey, I could have looked at more! So glad you got to go and have fun! What a special memory at the perfect age!
Great trip-Great time. I love spending time with you and your darling little family. Thanks again for letting us come with you on your family vacation!! :) xoxo
So cute! Love all the pictures! Looks like you guys had so much fun! I cant wait to go and I cant wait to see you so we can chat all about it! I might need to get those magic words of mikes in case we have a problem there too! What did he say??? Any good tips for days land?
So cute! Love all the pictures! Looks like you guys had so much fun! I cant wait to go and I cant wait to see you so we can chat all about it! I might need to get those magic words of mikes in case we have a problem there too! What did he say??? Any good tips for days land?
You are right, it makes me want to be there. What a fun trip. Your kids are the perfect age to take them. I love that they thought everything was real, how magical. I also love her face in all the pictures, it was cracking me up! I LOVE disneyland, I just have to convince Jared to love it as much as me.
So fun! Looks like you had a great time! I was surprised how busy it was when we were there. I can't imagine what summer must look like. Halle and Samantha have the same Target shirt. :) What fun memories!
You guys are fun! I seriously LOVE Hal's face in all the pictures ... what a ham. Looks like everyone had such a great time
Post a Comment