Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Halle.

I can't believe it.  She's 4.  She had a wonderful day.  She walked down first thing and said, "This is what I like to see!  My birthday!!"  She had fun at school, enjoyed a special lunch with dad at Old McDonalds, had a party with her fun little friends, and then spent the night playing with all her fun toys.
  And I had an epiphany.  I'm not a huge party planner.  I'd like to be, but I'm just not.  So I usually worry about these little parties for a while and try to do too much.  This party was a My Little Pony theme.  I didn't even know where to begin with the cake.  So instead of worrying about it, I made a few cupcakes and a cake FROM A BOX.  It was pink but not shaped like a pony.  And guess what.  The girls loved it.  I printed off invitations from the internet instead of making them.  It was so easy and Halle loved them and carried hers around all day.  So next time I think I'll not try so hard.  After all, these little kids just want to play with toys.  I just wanted a fancy party so I could have pretty pictures for my blog and memories.  And I can't care about that.  It was a fun day for my Hal and that's all that mattered.
So here are a few pictures.  Unedited because I am simplifying today.  And the are blurry and I don't care.  :)






1 comment:

Mindy said...

Love it. I can't believe she's 4. Old McDonalds. Ha.
Does she want a cake a Grandma's this weekend? Or should we just get another pumpkin pie from Costco (j/k)?