Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Some thoughts...

I've seen a few fun christmas tree pics around lately and wanted to try a few of my own.
 p.s. Don't you love clementines??
Maybe one day I'll have a little more time to play with it.  You can take some really fun pictures of Christmas trees.  [And Kevin and Amanda have some very fun fonts if you are in need.  Spend some time there.  She is fun.]
I'm glad for sisters.  While Halle tends to pull Savanna's hair quite frequently as of late, Savanna still loves her.  I think sisters are special.  I'm sure glad for mine.

Other random thoughts:  I'm loving my house and loving my neighbors.  We've had treats delivered, been invited for playdates, dinners, and other fun outings.  Already.  We've only lived there a week!  I feel very fellowshiped.  (is this a word?)  There are lots of fun kids to play with.  I think my kids are having fun too.  (thanks neighbors!)

I'm thankful for my nice children.  Simple little things make them so happy.  We got Carter new gloves yesterday and he hasn't taken them off since.  He slept in them.  They have also been making their beds lately.  Things like this make me smile.

Little Hal is a dream.  She tells me 34 times a day that she's hun-ga-rey (hungry).  She eats probably every 30 minutes.  Wishing for her little growing body's metabolism.  And while this drives me nuts, I'm sure grateful for her healthy little body.  Also want to remember that every time she says help, she also adds ayudame or how ever you spell it. Thanks Dora.  Thanks a lot.

This is a picture of my mudroom.  I really like it.  It calms me down.  I think I tend to lean a little to the OCD side of things.  Ok.  Maybe more than a little.  I have a spot for everything in my new little house and I like it.
I know I'm all over the place with this little post, but sometimes this is my outlet.  And while I am clearly not a writer, it is nice to be able to talk about things.  So that will be enough for today.  We've got stuff to get done.  Good day.

10 comments:

MinDee said...

i love the mud room, i used to have spots for everything when i first moved in, what happened? i need to be better at that again. i want cloee to have a sis. so bad! i loved having a sister also. i can't beleive how long savanna's hair is! i'm so glad you're loving your house. i wish i was your neighbor!

Kira said...

I miss you! I need to come visit you. And I need to move again so I can get organized. And the whole sister thing... have I talked to you about this? You should email me your opinion, because I value your opinion. I feel like 95% done have kids but the fact that Kennedy won't have a sister like rips my heart apart, seriously.

JaMilLyN said...

and yet another cool post...
i also agree about having a sister. i love having a sister and wonder if i will have a girl ever and then wonder if i will need to have a sister for her to play with. but then that means, i will need four children and i'm not sure if i'm cut out for that. :) anyway, LOVE the organization going on at your house! i'm so jealous. i totally want a place for every single thing in my house and i can only wish for right now. maybe one day, i will be like you.

Alldredge Memories said...

Love the mudroom! P.S. Having and OCD is just fine... ;)

Kari said...

What a beautiful mudroom - it made me calm just looking at it. :)

Gina said...

Yes to loving clementines--I just ate one and wish I had ten more. The Christmas tree pictures are so cool! And that is the cleanest mud room I've ever seen. Not one speck of much to be had. I'm excited to see you guys soon!

Melissa said...

Why can't I have OCD? You and Amy are my sisters :)

Laura & Eliza said...

We LOVE having you guys in our neighborhood! We love new people! Just adds to the delightfulness (is THAT a word?) of life! We are excited to get to know you guys better and have our kids be good friends :)

Mindy said...

Well that made me cry a little. Thanks for being a wonderful sister and listening to me whine and vent every time I call you. And thanks for being my best friend, I don't know what I would do without you.

Lorien said...

Yes I DO love clementines! The new house looks wonderful, and thanks for de-privatizing your blog so I can spy on it now and see those cute kiddos of yours! You and Mike really were in my thoughts and prayers during that whole ordeal! Im glad your doing better and your family is an awesome support system! have a wonderful day!