And, since peaches are in season, I thought I'd share a delicious recipe.
Peaches n’ Cream Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (*I used half wheat flour)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar (*I used half Splenda)
1/4 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar (*I used half Splenda)
1/4 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
Cream cheese filling:
6 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Cinnamon and sugar-for sprinkling on muffins before baking
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease well. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Whisk in the sugar.
3. In a separate medium bowl or in a large glass measuring cup, mix canola oil, egg, milk, and vanilla together. Use a fork or whisk and combine well.
5. Incorporate the wet ingredients into flour mixture. Add slowly and gently stir, you don’t want to over mix. The batter will be thick. Carefully fold in the peaches.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, lemon zest, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix until creamy and smooth. Fill each muffin cup half way with batter. Next, add a small spoonful of cream cheese filling to each muffin cup. Cover the cream cheese filling with the remaining batter. Sprinkle each muffin with cinnamon and sugar.
7. Bake muffins for 17-20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack.
Makes 6 large muffins
*from twopeasandtheirpod.com




14 comments:
I wish id have known. I just gave 3 year old dance shoes to DI. Love that last pic of her!
I love her little slippers ... and yummy recipe, I'll make that this weekend - we have a million peaches.
What a sweetie! You'll have to film her!
Oh, I LOVE her little leotard! I am totally going to have to try that recipe, I LOVE peaches! Thanks for the fun day today, I totally needed it!
She is so cute! My girls want to take ballet so badly. I need to find a place for them to spin and twirl!
And that recipe looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.
She looks so big--good form too :)
So cute! Tiger is three also and takes karate and it's so funny to watch. Kids are the coolest.
Hey! We miss you guys!! She looks so cute in her little dance out fit. Rhett is screaming at the computer right now cause he wants to play with manah!!
Oh so cute! I love to watch the little ones try to be coordinated. Great pictures, love the Fall leaves too.
oH! I want a gIrL!!! Soooo cute! They don't make cute boy leotards...LOL! So fun! I am jealous!
So cute! Kylie started dance class but they won't allow parents in...too distracting. :( I'll have to try that recipe...looks so delicious!
yum! those muffins sound good. i love ballet! cloee starts on sept. 7th! so cute...i can't wait.
She is so beautiful! and getting so big!!! I can't believe how long it has been since we have seen you guys!
Post a Comment