Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our Year in Review





Lately I've been hearing about the biggest stories of 2009. So I decided for my final post of the year I would recap our biggest events of 2009. But as I sat down to document all of our great endeavors I realized that we didn't do a lot of big things this year. We had a great year, but it was made up of a lot of little things that I don't even really count until I think about how much they meant to my kids. We read 1000 stories, we played outside almost every day. We made hundreds and hundreds of cookies. We played Transformers more than I ever wanted to. Savanna potty trained herself. Love the girl. I got a new camera that has seriously changed my life. I take it everywhere. Lots of little things...
We started out the year living in St. George. We LOVED it there. But Mike decided to go back to school (with a little help from me:P) and get a graduate degree so we packed up and moved to Logan. We really like it here too. I planted a garden and loved it. We got to visit my grandparents often. These are the little things that made it a good year. So there is our recap, mundane as it may be. And what would a post be without a few pictures. Here are some of my favorites from 2009.




8 comments:

Mindy said...

Excellent pictures. You have the best kids, I can't believe how fast they're growing up!

Kylene said...

What a cute post! I think it's the little things that make a year what it is. Your pic's are looking so great! I'm glad there is someone else out there who loves their camera just as much as I love mine! :)

Melissa said...

It has been a great year--you are getting pretty good at your pictures--time to go professional? :)

Brooke Snow said...

Its the little things that add up to something big :) Sounds like a fabulous year! Here's to an outstanding 2010!

Kourtney said...

Sorry I haven't commented in a while... Love the that you went curling! I actually really love curling, Christmas looked fun and I'm so glad Savanna is getting girly!

Rachel said...

Love the picture of Savanna with the braids!! Awesome :)

I've been thinking a lot about what you were getting at in this post. We don't have a lot of "big things" going on in this stage of our lives, either. But all those little things are the big things for our kids. You're being such a great mom, Steph, way to go!

JaMilLyN said...

You have the cutest blog. Everything is so organized and fun! Your kids are adorable and you are a seriously awesome photographer.

Kim said...

Happy 2010! We do miss you down here in St. George. Come see me at the clinic when you're down for a visit.