A few weeks ago... We got a book at the library about monster trucks. The first page had a picture of Karl Malone with his big monster truck. Carter loved it.
Fast forward to now...I made carmels and Carter loves them. He calls them Karl Malones. Honest mistake-sounds like carmels to me. The kid kills me! Here's the recipe. They have been quite a hit!
Black Licorice Caramels
Ingredients:
• 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
• 2 c. granulated sugar
• 1 c. butter (no substitutes)
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1 1/2 c. light corn syrup
• 1 tsp. anise (licorice) extract
• black paste food coloring
Method:
Grease 9"x13" pan with butter. Combine first five ingredients in heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture reaches 234 degrees on candy thermometer. (This will take 15-20 minutes.) Mixture will turn from pale yellow to golden brown. Stir in anise extract and enough black food coloring to make caramel dark black. Pour mixture in buttered pan and let cool. Cut into small squares and wrap each piece in waxed paper.
Note: Other flavors and colors can be added instead of anise and black color.
These easy caramels are soft and chewy, black and gooey! A wonderful candy for Halloween or whenever you feel like a delicious treat.
3 comments:
Stephanie, long time no see, huh? I saw Kourtney at Super Saturday today and she told me about your blog... so needless to say, I am blog stalking you. Such a cute blog!! I am glad to see that you are somebody else is as addicted to blogging as me! I read most of your posts and it was fun to catch up on what's up in your life... it kinda sounds similar to mine (dirty diapers, 2 year olds, etc.) Aren't our little boys so funny with they things they say? I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog every once in awhile, it's always fun to catch up! I hope your doing great. Your little girl is darling.. are girls so much fun!! We should get together sometime. Let me know if you're ever coming to Coral to see Kourtney, we could all take the kids to the park. Well I know this is super long so I will shut up now, good to find ya! Mandy (visit us at www.camandmandy.blogspot.com)
Hey also.. I wanted to add you to my friends and fam.. is this alright with you?
They are the best carmels ever! Thanks so much for making them for me!
Post a Comment