Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fall is Coming!!

It was cold this morning and it got me really excited for fall. It is just around the corner! Fall is my very favorite time of year! I love fall decorations and fall smells. I love my fall clothes and cold mornings. I love crunching leaves on walks and fall football games. I love the holidays in fall! And I LOVE fall food! I love making hot soup and homemade breadsticks. I love anything pumpkin too. It is just the best time of the year. And, the Office is no longer playing reruns--it starts sept. 27th!!!!!
So, here is one of my favorite fall recipes. I got it from my mom.

Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Cream:
1/2 c. marg.
1/2 c. oil
1 3/4 c. sugar

Add:
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Add dry ingredients alternating with milk:
4 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sour milk

Add 2 c. shredded zucchini.

Spread in 9 x 13 pan. Add topping.

Topping:
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. ch. chips
1/4 c. chopped nuts

Bake @ 325 for 40-45 minutes. Enjoy!!

No comments: